Friday, October 14, 2011

Washington 30 years later

I graduated high school in 1981... this was the house I lived in at the time. It sat on 5 acres and had 5 acres of woods behind it. It was such an adventure to go back to Washington with Johnny, Natalie, and K'Lee.
We visited a couple of different beaches.
We drove A LOT!!!!

This is the beach front in Long Beach, Washington. It was beautiful.

The wind was blowing lightly but it didn't keep the Utah kids from the water.

It had been raining the day before and we were worried it wouldn't clear up.... but by mid day the weather was glorious.

I love the beach more than any other place in the entire world. I would have wandered out into the ocean but I had fallen down the stairs and had a brace on my knee. It was a bummer I couldn't play with the kids. Just being there was awesome I love the sights, sounds, and even taste of the ocean.

We had an amazing time feeding the seagulls. They got to the point were they would hover over the top of us waiting for a treat. Johnny at Deception Park Pass Beach. 30 years ago this was the place I hung out at as a teenager.



The beach on Whidbey Island was rocky but oh so breath taking.

Deception Pass is still beautiful, after 30 years ...it hasn't changed.

Here we are riding on the ferry for the first time (everyone but me)! Of course, we had to be at the very front of the boat.

It is so cool how some things stay the same while everything else races forwards.

Here we are in front of the Seattle Space needle. I honestly can't remember a day being more amazing than this one. We had great weather, great company, and we were on vacation!

K'Lee decided to hang out under the whales tail.

Johnny chilled along the boardwalk.Here Natalie and Johnny fed the seagulls french fries.



We went to Pike's Market Place with Dawna and Eddie...talk about crowded. It was a super fun trip. The only thing that was missing was A'leese.

No comments: