Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The mighty Sunflower

Lately, I've been trying really hard to catch up on my blog. Everyday I post a different event or experience from this summer. Dutifully I decided if I posted one a day, I would catch up quickly. The funny thing is life just doesn't happen that way, now does it? Yesterday I saw this small sun flower in the middle of my enormous rock wall and couldn't stop thinking of my sweet niece Miranda. It's easy to be a part of a field of sunflowers they don't have to work for the sun or moisture. They don't even have to work for protection...they use one another to wart off the wind and other elements. They all get the same amount of sun and the same amount of space, which causes them to grow the same height . A field of sunflowers is beautiful to behold but how often do you stop to look at just one? In a field they really only catch your attention when there is hundreds or thousands, right?

But tucked away in my rock wall is this one sunflower amidst all kinds of adverse conditions. The first condition it faces is it's seed was blown into a place where flowers don't always survive. Next it has to force it's way to the sunshine through the massive shadowing of the boulders. Finally, it struggles for water. Yet after all this it blossoms into a glorious site. This small little flower has beaten the odds and is worth taking note of. Just like my niece Miranda. She has been blown way out of her field of comfort. She no longer is part of a field of peers that she knows and could grow with. Winds come but the boulders (her family) protect and keep her from the storm. The greatest blessing of all is Heavenly Father is looking over her like the sun, warming her heart helping her stretch. Like this sunflower reaches up towards the sun, she is reaching towards Him. Hence, this is my special moment with this simple sunflower. God bless you "Roo" in all that you do! I love you.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Karrie Perry! I love you so much! Thank you for always making me feel so loved! You have no idea how much you mean to me! Thank you for this post, it will ALWAYS have the power to make me smile. :)